Bharti AXA Travel Insurance
Bharti AXA General Insurance Company Limited is a joint venture between Bharti Enterprise - a leading business group of India, and AXA – internationally acclaimed market leaders in insurance, wealth management, and financial protection sectors. The company started its operations in general insurance in the year 2008 and became the first company to attain dual ISO certifications, ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 27001:2005 in its first year only. With its presence in almost all insurance sectors, the company has comprehensive and really affordable insurance plans in the Travel Insurance field as well.
Why to Purchase Bharti AXA Travel Insurance?
Travelling to a foreign country is always full of excitement and fun, but until one knows, he/she is insured against various unexpected risks such as medical emergency, loss or theft, etc. Keeping this thought in mind, Bharti AXA introduced its travel insurance plans. The key advantages and benefits of having a Bharti AXA Travel Insurance policy are:
- Affordable annual premiums
- Offers emergency financial assistance
- Covers wide age group
- Provides affordable family floater plans
- Covers damages and loss caused because of theft, fire in-house, or house-braking back in India when an insured is on an abroad trip
In this way, a travel insurance policy covers an insured against all possible emergencies that can incur while travelling a With a minimal premium, one can assure a secured trip.
Bharti AXA Travel Insurance Plans
Those who frequently travel abroad, Bharti AXA Travel Insurance has many to offer under a travel insurance policy. Bharti Axa provides two types of travel insurance Individual/Family and Student Travel Insurance. You can further opt for individual or family travel insurance with 4 variants:
1. Student Travel Insurance:
Students who are travelling to abroad for studies should be covered against various risks that may incur with them in the foreign country. Therefore, this student travel insurance policy is tailored to keeping the needs of a student in a foreign land in mind. Under this policy, a student is covered against risks like medical issues, emergency financial crisis, theft or loss of essentials like passport, etc.
2. Schengen Travel Insurance:
This plan is for those who are travelling to Schengen countries, which covers almost 26 states. The reason for travel can be personal or business. An insured can travel for minimum of 2 days in a single trip and can extend his/her trip to 90 days. Most importantly, to apply for Schengen visa, having Schengen travel insurance for the respective country is mandatory.
3. Non-schengen Travel Insurance:
This plan is the best option or those who travel to non-schengen countries. It comes with sub-categories such as – Smart Traveler Schengen Silver, Smart Traveler Schengen Gold, Smart Traveler Schengen Essential, Regular and Basic. The minimum travelling days is 2, where the insured can extend it up to a maximum of 365 days.
4. Annual Multi-trip Travel Insurance:
The annual multi-trip travel insurance is for frequent travellers. The minimum days of travel can be 30 days, 45 days, or 60 days depending upon the policy type. This plan is available in three variants– Smart Traveler Multi-trip - Silver, Smart Traveler Multi-trip - Gold, Smart Traveler Multi-Trip – Platinum.
Bharti AXA Travel Insurance Policies
The company offers an extensive range of travel plans for families, groups, senior citizens, individuals, etc. Let’s have a detailed look at these plans:
|Plan Varients||Duration||Varients||Applicable to|
|Schengen Country Insurance||Less than 90 days||-||26 European states|
|Annual Multi-Trip Insurance||30/45/60 days||Smart Traveller Multi-Trip Silver, Gold, and Platinum||If someone travels more than once a year|
|Non-Schengen Country Insurance||365 days||Smart Traveller Gold, Silver, Essential, Regular, and Basic plans||For non-schengen countries|
|Single Trip Travel Insurance||From the date of boarding to till the return date||Schengen and Non- Schengen plan||For those who travel once in a year|
Bharti AXA Travel Insurance Inclusions & Exclusions:
The common inclusions of all the travel insurance policies of Bharti AXA are:
- All the medical expenses, cost of emergency evacuation, repatriation of mortal remain, dental treatment are covered.
- Daily cash allowance in case of hospitalization beyond the mentioned number of days in the policy
- The policy also covers bodily injuries, partial or permanent disablement, or death in an accident
- Loss of checked-in baggage, passport, important documents are compensated
- Compensation is offered towards cancellation of a non-refundable trip due to an emergency/accommodation in case of natural emergency
- The cost of all legal expenses is covered against claims towards the liabilities of third-party that incurred because of bodily injury or death.
- Distress amount is compensated to the insured in case of hijack on a public transport.
- Damage to the home due to burglary and fire when the insured is away from his/her native land.
The common exclusions of all the variants of Bharti AXA Travel Insurance are:
- Cosmetic surgeries are not covered until it is warranted because of an accident, or due to some routine medical examination
- Any pre-existing medical condition is not covered, except there comes a - life-threatening situation
- Any injury or accident caused because of participation in adventurous activities like scuba diving, bungee jumping, etc
- Claims caused against terrorist activities, war or warlike situation, nuclear weapons
- If a loss is not reported to the police within the stipulated time frame, which is 24 hours of loss discovery
- Loss of passport or any other travel documents due to the carelessness of the insured is also not covered
- Partial loss of checked-in items is also not covered under travel insurance of Bharti Axa
Claim Process of Bharti AXA Travel Insurance Policy:
In order to claim Bharti AXA travel insurance, one needs to follow the below steps:
1. Inform the Insurance Company
Call on the international toll-free number of Bharti AXA and register a claim. One can register a claim by writing on their email address as well.
2. Get the Claim Assistance
A claim service representative will guide the insured through the claim process. He/she will be requested to fill the claim form. One can even download it online and submit with the required details. In case of a cashless facility, the representative will guide the insured throughout the process to get an optimum benefit.
3. Submit the Claim Form with Documents
After availing the insurance benefits and registering a claim, the next step is to submit the claim form with relevant documents. These documents should be in order and must proof one’s claim. Any kind of discrepancy will lead to claim rejection.
4. Final Claim Settlement
Upon receiving the claim form along with the documents, the insurer will verify the case. If everything goes well, within a stipulated time limit the claimed amount will be settled accordingly.
Eligibility Criteria for Bharti AXA Travel Insurance Policies:
In order to avail the Bharti AXA Travel insurance, the following eligibility criteria needs to be met:
- For individual Plan: Anyone between the ages of 3 months to 60 years
- For family floater plan: spouse and two children below the age of 23 years can be covered
Travel Insurance Articles
During his international trip to Singapore, Rohit Sharma, 35, a Software Engineer, based in Delhi, met with an accident last…Read More
You’re all excited about your abroad holiday plans and your travel departure date is just around the corner. You’ve everything…Read More
It is common for many students to opt for foreign universities for their higher studies. In this situation, they need…Read More
When you travel, you will use various means of transport such as cruise, flight, train etc. A long-distance travel incurs…Read More