The main purpose of having a travel insurance policy is to protect yourself against unforeseen circumstances during your tour. In this regard, you should also understand that filing the claims for any damages in the right manner will eradicate the risk of claim rejection. Remember that when your claims are not supported by valid proofs, it can be rejected by the insurance company. For this reason, you should follow the guidelines given in this article to files the travel insurance claim in the proper manner.
Here’s how to file travel insurance claim:
Cancellation or Delay of Flight
- Your flight can get delayed or cancelled due to technical reasons or due to external factors like adverse climatic conditions. You may incur losses in that situation as the hotel bookings and other arrangements need to be done again by paying additional money. In this situation, you should inform the insurance company about the incident and claim suitable compensation from them.
- This is relatively easy to claim as even the insurance company can get immediate information about the cancellation of a flight from the airlines. The only proof you need to submit in this situation is your tickets booked for the flight and your boarding pass and other details issued by the airlines.
- In most cases, the airlines will issue an official statement about the delay or cancellation of flights and you can save a copy of this intimation in your mobile phone or computer. This can be later submitted to the insurance company while filing claims for delay or cancellation of flights.
- When you choose one of the best travel insurance plans in the market, you need not worry about getting timely compensation as they have round the clock customer support and you can get a quick settlement in this situation. In this way, you can make alternate bookings for other flights and continue with your tour without any hassles.
Filing Claim for Medical Emergency
- If you are dealing with a medical emergency during your tour, you can get assistance from the travel insurance company and get the required treatment for yourself and your family. There is no need to panic and you can immediately call the customer support team of your insurance company to know about the nearby hospitals in your travel destination.
- When you have access to a nearby network hospital, it becomes easy to file travel Insurance claim for emergency medical treatment. In this way, you can even get cashless treatment in most cases and this will help you to save lots of money in that situation.
- Even when you are not able to reach the insurance company, you can still avail medical treatment from the nearby hospitals and make a claim at a later stage after you return from your tour.
- However, the only thing you should make sure is to collect bills of your medical treatment and you need to submit them to the insurance company while filing claims for the same. You should also keep the prescription details provided by the hospitals as well as the detailed report submitted by the hospital at the time of discharge.
- In an emergency situation, you can even seek the assistance of the travel insurance company and make immediate arrangements for your evacuation to your hometown/ home country. In this way, you can get medical treatment without any problems. Depending upon the need of the situation, you can choose any of the insurance plans and avail the necessary medical treatment during your tour.
Over to you
When you carefully follow the claim filing guidelines, you will not have any problem while filing claims for the losses during your vacation. The insurance company will verify all the facts that led to the incident and you need to submit the relevant bills and other supporting documents while making the claims for the travel insurance policy. The insurance company may take some time to process the claim and when everything is fine, they will provide the compensation for the losses during your vacation. However, in times of emergency such as loss of baggage or passport, immediate financial assistance will be provided after verifying the incident.
You should intimate the customer support team about the incident at the earliest to get quick relief from the problem.