IFFCO Tokio Travel Insurance
Founded in the year 2000, IFFCO Tokio General Insurance Company is collaboration between IFFCO (Indian Farmers Fertilizer Co-operative) and the largest insurance companies in Japan Nichido Fire Group and Tokio Marine. With the aim of being the leaders in the insurance market by inculcating quality and prompt services, it is the only industry with 100%-owned distribution channels.
The insurer offers a variety of insurance products, among which travel insurance is worth someone’s money. Iffco Tokio Travel insurance offers a range of coverage by keeping the various needs of an individual, family, senior citizen or students travelling abroad.
What is the Need for IFFCO Tokio Travel Insurance?
Going on a vacation is indeed the most exciting thing and no one wish to spoil the excitement. Whatever the reason, one should not let anything dampen the travel excitement. But there are possibilities of sudden changes on the flight schedule or losing an important document may pose a full stop to all thrill. Moreover, a medical emergency arising on a foreign land can be exorbitant enough to break someone’s bank. Saying that having a travel insurance plan comes in handy, which covers the insured during an unforeseen event. Regardless f how well one is prepared, such situations may arise without a notice. While one can’t ignore the occurrence of such a situation, travelling with a comprehensive travel insurance plan is a good idea.
So, whether the insured is travelling for leisure or a business trip, considering travel insurance in the check-list is essential before embarking on the trip.
Among the leading travel insurance policies in India, plans offered by IFFCO Tokio offer some extensive coverage to keep the insured safe while travelling. Mostly, the insurer offers two kinds of travel insurance policy:
- Overseas Travel Insurance Policy
- Pravasi Bhartiya Bima Yojna Policy
The plans are available in three variants: Single Trip, Multi-trip and Study Travel Insurance. Let’s discuss the plans in detail here:
IFFCO Tokio Travel Insurance Plans
As already mentioned, there are two types of travel insurance policies offered by IFFCO Tokio:
Overseas Travel Insurance Policy:
Medical expenses in foreign countries are sky-high. With overseas travel insurance from IFFCO Tokio, the insured can mitigate those unplanned expense arising out of an accident, legal liability, loss of important document, flight delay/cancellation etc. the plan comes with five variants: Bronze, Silver, Gold 100, Gold 250 and Gold 500. The policy mostly covers the insured for: medical treatment, accidental dental treatment, transportation of the dead body of the insured, loss/delay of check-in luggage, hijack distress allowance, emergency cash benefit, personal accident and personal liability, medical evacuation etc.
Pravasi Bhartiya Bima Yojana:
When someone’s job takes his/her outside India, it is certain to expose to some risks. Keeping this in mind, the Ministry of External Affairs has made it compulsory to purchase Pravasi Bhartiya Bima Yojana for all who are going abroad for employment.
This policy is specially designed for the individuals who are emigrants e.g. going abroad for employment with a passport stating- Emigration Check Required. The policy covers the insured for medical expenses incurred during hospitalisation, personal accident, repatriation of mortal remains, employment-related contingencies, legal liabilities, transportation and airfare of the attendant, etc.
IFFCO Tokio Travel Insurance Policies
|Plan Name||Entry Age||Special Feature||Common Exclusion|
|Overseas Travel Policy||
|Pravasi Bhartiya Bima Yojana||
IFFCO Tokio Travel Insurance Variants
The travel insurance plans of IFFCO Tokio can be availed with three variants:
1. Single Trip Plan:
This plan is designed for the travellers who travel to one destination and return back within a specific duration. The plan offers worldwide coverage in case of medical emergency, dental treatment, loss of check-in baggage, distress allowance, personal liability, loss of passport etc.
2. Multi-trip Plan:
This plan is tailor-made for the frequent flyers. When it is cumbersome to buy travel insurance every time one flies abroad, having this plan comes in handy, as it covers multiple trips. This policy can be bought for an expected number of days of travel. The policy covers the insured for medical expenses including emergency medical expenses, flight delay/cancellation, distress allowance, personal accident cover, liability cover etc.
3. Study Abroad Plan:
Avail studies abroad can be a dream of many. While travelling or during the course of the stay, a student may face many contingencies abroad which may require a huge chunk of money. With this, having student travel insurance is important. Even some countries, have made it mandatory to own student-specific travel insurance. To avail this policy, one should be aged between 16 years -35 years and have been enrolled in a course abroad. The basic travel related contingencies are covered by this policy.
IFFCO Tokio Travel Insurance Inclusions & Exclusions:
The following conditions are covered by a travel insurance policy offered by IFFCO Tokio:
- Any dental emergency leading to surgery or treatment can be expensive in foreign countries especially in the USA or Europe. In this regard, one can buy overseas travel insurance for the USA before travelling
- When accidents can happen anywhere, the risk is extravagant as one know very less about the traffic rules of the country. Having travel insurance can help the person mitigate the extra financial burden arising out of an accident
- The policy offers daily hospital allowance including international phone calls and other miscellaneous costs that may arise due to a hospitalization
- In case of the unfortunate death of the insured, the transportation expenses incurred in taking back the mortal remains will be reimbursed under the benefits of IFFCO Tokio’s travel insurance
- Loss of baggage or delay is so common with various airlines. There could be delay or some cases on eight loss it. In such cases, the incurred expenses can be huge as one needs to buy the necessary items. IFFCO Tokio travel insurance reimburses the expenses incurred due to delay or loss of checked-in baggage
- Loss of passport can pose a serious threat while travelling. One can’t rule out this type of trouble which may compel the traveller to deport. IFFCO Tokio’s travel insurance covers the insured for the expenses spent on issuing a fresh passport
- If the insured is stuck for more than 24 hours due to a terrorist attack or if the flight is hijacked, IFFCO Tokio’s travel insurance offers distress allowance to the person
- Personal liability arising out of an injury, death or property damage to a third party due to an accident can burn a big hole in someone’s pocket. With IFFCO Tokio travel insurance, this types of liabilities can be taken care of
- In case the insured is robbed or lose money and need emergency cash in a foreign land where there is no one to ask for a help, the IFFCO Tokio travel insurance comes in handy, which offers an emergency cash allowance
Any claim arising out of the following situations would not be entertained by the insurer:
- Any claim for the events that have happened before purchasing the travel policy will not be entertained under any provision of IFFCO Tokio travel insurance
- No claim will be accepted if the insured is travelling without the consent of his/her treating physician: if travelling to availing medical assistance or is terminally diagnosed
- If the insured is a part of Army, Air Force or Naval operations and any claim is arising out of this will not be accepted
- Claim for self-inflicted injuries, illnesses or crime caused intentionally, suicide, attempt to suicide will not be accepted
- Claim arising out of stress, mental disorders, anxiety and expenses incurred in treating various venereal diseases like HIV
- Claim for property damage or loss of lives due to war, war-like situation, invasion or actively participating in strikes, riots are excluded
- Loss occurring because of the radioactivity or explosion and toxicity arising due to nuclear weapons will not be covered
- Claim arising for actively participating in sports or adventitious activities which involves training and not included in the policy will not be covered
Claim Process of IFFCO Tokio Travel Insurance Policy:
The process of claiming travel insurance with IFFCO Tokio is simple and hassle-free. The very customer-friendly claim settlement process involves a few steps. All need to do is to submit the duly filled claim form with the relevant documents such as original medical bills, invoice of transportation expenses etc. Most of the cases, one can file two types of claim with IFFCO Tokio:
1. Cashless Claim:
In case of a medical emergency, one can avail this facility, which allows the insurer to avail services free of cost. To avail this, the policyholder should inform the insurance company and file a claim. Sometimes, the same can be done with the help of a TPA. Once the claim is filed and is approved by the insurer, the incurred medical expenses are settled directly by the insurer with the hospital authority. In is important to know about IFFCO Tokio TPA partner in order to avail cashless services worldwide.
2. Reimbursement Claim:
In reimbursement claim, the insured pays the incurred expenses initially and claim for the same later. If the norms are met and documents are at par, the insurer will reimburse the claimed amount and transfer to the insured.
In order the avail the benefit of reimbursement claim, the insured needs to furnish the original bills and receipts. First, the insurer will verify the documents and then settles the claim.
The common steps to claim travel insurance include:
1. Intimate the Insurer
The insured will need to inform the insurance company immediately once a claim is arising. One can register a claim by either calling the insurer or writing to them. While abroad, the insured can approach the Assistance Company to register a claim.
2. Ask for the Claim Assistance
A customer care representative will through the claim process. He/she will provide the claim form as well. However, one can download the claim form from the official website of the insurer.
3. Submit the Claim Form
The next step is to fill and submit the accordingly filled claim form accompanying with the relevant documents. The most common documents include claim form, copy of policy document, address proof, bills/invoices of the expense incurred. All the documents need to be submitted on time.
4. Final Settlement
The last step of the claim process where the insurer analyses the claim and verify the documents. Upon verification, the claim is settled by the insurer by transferring the approved or full amount to the insured.
Add-on: Schengen Coverage Offered by IFFCO TOKIO Travel Insurance
26 European countries together formed the concept of Schengen country, who have agreed to abolish border control at their mutual borders. While non-European countries such as Switzerland or Norway has joined the league, UK, Ireland and some other countries are not a part of this. IFFCO Tokio travel insurance is extended to Schengen countries as well.
IFFCO Tokio Travel Insurance Renewal
To enjoy the policy benefits uninterruptedly, one has to renew IFFCO Tokio travel insurance on time. Mostly, travel insurance policy is valid for one year, however, there is exception in case of long-term policy. Regardless of one-year or multi-year policy, the insured needs to renew it whenever the due date arrives. By making its products and services available online, the insurer has made it convenient for the customers to experience the post-sale services. This way, one can renew a travel plan online by visiting the official website of IFFCO Tokio. The all need to do is to-
- Visit the official website of IIFCO Tokio
- Go to the renewal option
- Select the type of plan that needs to be renewed
- Compare the premiums online
- Pay the amount online using debit/credit card, NEFT, Net banking or other available options
Why Choose IFFCO Tokio?
Here is why IFFCO Tokio travel insurance policies worth your money:
- The plans of IFFCO Tokio are affordable and customizable as per the needs of the insured. One can easily select a plan without breaking the bank on insurance
- Plans are available online, which allows insurance seekers to avail it in the fastest way with less paperwork
- By purchasing IFFCO Tokio travel insurance, the insured can avail round-the-clock worldwide travel related assistance regarding travel insurance claim
- Simple documentation makes it hassle-free to buy, renew or claim travel insurance from IFFCO Tokio
- Now, one can avail digital document with e-signature
- The insurer offers additional cover for transport the mortal body of the insured and the airfares of the attendant
Travel Insurance Articles
Whether you are going for a business trip, honeymoon or family vacation, you would want to create memories that you…Read More
During his international trip to Singapore, Rohit Sharma, 35, a Software Engineer, based in Delhi, met with an accident last…Read More
You’re all excited about your abroad holiday plans and your travel departure date is just around the corner. You’ve everything…Read More
It is common for many students to opt for foreign universities for their higher studies. In this situation, they need…Read More