New India Assurance Travel Insurance
New India Assurance Company Ltd. is one of the leading insurers in India, which was founded in the year 1919. Under the leadership of Sir Dorabji Tata, today the company has its presence in 28 countries globally with total turnover approx Rs. 22,270 crores. The company is headquartered at Mumbai.
The company has been serving in the segment of general insurance for 40 years. It is the only direct insurance provider in India to be rated A-(Excellent) by AM Best Company. Also, CRISIL had rated the company with AAA/Stable in the year 2014. These recognitions have proved its excellence and capabilities of serving the users. With 2452 offices across the country along with more than 1339 micro offices, the company has expanded its operations in almost every sector of insurance.
Why Do I Need Travel Insurance?
Travelling has become essential these days. While some need to travel for business, for study or to attend a family function, for someone travelling is a passion. Well, whatever the reason is, it always brings ample excitement. But one can’t deny the risks associated with travelling, that can make the trip horrible. Moreover, those unexpected expenses that may arise due to a medical emergency or liability can cost a bomb. Here comes the travel insurance in the picture, which offers a much-needed financial shield to the insured in case of an unforeseen event.
Salient Features of New India Assurance Travel Insurance
The unique features of this plan include:
- Insured can pay the premium in Indian rupees and the claim can be settled in a foreign currency, if the claim is made abroad
- Frequent corporate travellers can buy this policy with ease
- Employment & Studies plans offer coverage of up to one year
- Medical expenses incurred in a foreign land due to bodily injury or sickness is covered
New India Assurance Travel Insurance Policies
|Plan Name||Eligibility||Special Feature||Policy Extension|
|Overseas Mediclaim (Business & Holiday Plan)||6 months-70 years||
||Up to 180 days|
|Overseas Mediclaim (Employment & Studies Plan)||6 months-70 years||
||Up to 180 days|
|Suhana Safar||Any Indian frequent domestic traveller||
New India Assurance Travel Insurance Inclusions & Exclusions:
The extensive list of coverage includes:
- The policy pays for the medical / repatriation expenses up to USD 50000
- In case of loss of checked-in baggage, while the insured is travelling, the expenses incurred are covered up to USD 1000
- It offers contingency insurance for students up to USD 750 for each month of completion of study
- Personal accident cover up to USD 25000, in case the insured meets with an accident
- If the insured is liable to pay the third-party for property damage, injury or death due to an accident, liability expenses are cover up to USD 200000
- Expenses incurred towards loss of important documents like Passport are covered up to USD 150-250 depending on the plan type
- CFT Cover for the Partners of registered firms and Executives of the corporate clients for once during the policy tenure and for the trip duration not exceeding 60 days
Travel insurance policy of New India Assurance wouldn’t cover the following situations:
- No claim will be entertained that is arising out of the complications of the pre-existing illness
- If the insured is travelling without a consent of his/her treating physician or if the motive of travelling is to avail medical treatment abroad
- The insured would not cover the first USD 100 of every claim and this will be borne by the insured or the traveller itself
- No claim request will be accepted if it is out of an intentional/self-inflicted/under the influence of alcohol or other toxic substances and due to the involvement in hazardous activities
- Any claim arising for the loss of articles of precious/semi-precious jewellery/ gemstone, securities, money, bonds, deeds, bill of exchange etc. are not covered
New India Assurance Travel Insurance Renewal
Travel insurance renewal can be done annually by paying the required premium amount. The insurance renewal due date is intimated by the insurer. The insured can renew his/her policy online as well. Online renewal also offers through comparison of available travel insurance plans. This allows the insured to compare the premiums as well. On the basis of the comparison, one can land on a fair deal.
To renew New India Assurance travel insurance, the insured can visit the official website, go to the renewal option and pay the premium after calculating it online. A receipt of the payment will be mailed to the registered email ID and the policy will be renewed.
Documents Required to Claim Travel Insurance
In case of Injury/Death
- Duly filled in and signed claim form
- Report of the attending doctor
- Investigation report including X-ray, lab test or other related reports to confirm the injury
- Police report/FIR, if necessary
- Medical bills as per the doctor’s prescription
- Death certificate in case of an accident leading to the death
- Post-mortem report
- Inquest report
Loss of or damage to baggage
- In case of loss or damage of the checked-in baggage, the insured should immediately file a complaint at the nearest police station an obtain a police copy
- A written notice will be sent to the policy issuing office/nearest branch of the insurer. However, the claim will proceed through the issuing office only
New India Assurance Travel Insurance Claim Process
In order to claim New India Assurance travel insurance, the insured needs to follow the below steps:
1. Register the Claim:
The first step towards claiming New India Assurance travel insurance is to register the claim. The insured needs to call the insurer/associate claim centres intimating about the incident and register a claim. The customer care executive will provide a claim form with a claim reference number for future use.
2. Avail the Assistance:
Claim related assistance can be availed online also. The insured needs to visit the official website of the insurer and register a claim online. The duly filled in and signed claim form needs to be sent to insurer address to initiate the claim process. In case of an international plan, the address for assistance company is available on the official website of the insurer.
3. Required Documents:
The filled in claim form needs to be sent along with relevant documents only. In case of a cashless claim, the insurer directly settles the claim with the hospital authority or with the help of associate companies.
If it a claim of the reimbursement, the insured will require to furnish original bills of expenses incurred. However, the list of documents is attached below.
4. Final Claim Settlement:
After verifying the claim form and the documents, the insurer settles the claim. The approved claim amount is transferred to the account of the insured.
Travel Insurance Articles
During his international trip to Singapore, Rohit Sharma, 35, a Software Engineer, based in Delhi, met with an accident last…Read More
You’re all excited about your abroad holiday plans and your travel departure date is just around the corner. You’ve everything…Read More
It is common for many students to opt for foreign universities for their higher studies. In this situation, they need…Read More
When you travel, you will use various means of transport such as cruise, flight, train etc. A long-distance travel incurs…Read More