SBI Travel Insurance
SBI General Insurance Company Limited started its operations in the year 2010. It is a joint collaboration between State Bank of India and Insurance Australia Group (IAG). By establishing its presence with nearly 21000 branches across the country, SBI is serving three customer segments, namely, Retail, Corporate and SME segment. Its geographical exposure includes more than 100 cities pan India with an active presence of more than 350 locations via satellite resources.
The company offers an extensive range of general insurance products in commercial and retail space. Products ranging from Motor, Health, Personal Accident, Home and Travel insurance in the retail space and Fire, Marine, Construction, Aviation, Liability insurance in the commercial space are among the most sought-after plans.
Why Do I Need Travel Insurance?
With the best travel insurance policy, the insured can remain safe during untoward situations such as medical emergency while travelling abroad. While travelling in case the insured is hospitalised, or needs any aid; medical test by a physician, diagnostic test, therapies everything can be covered under the cashless or reimbursement benefit offered under a travel insurance. When the medical expenses in a foreign land can cost someone a bomb, these unplanned expenses can be managed through a travel insurance.
In India where travel insurance is not a mandatory buy, there countries like UK, Greece, Spain, Germany, Belgium where it is mandatory. Hereby, travel insurance is recommended before planning a trip to these destinations. Moreover, to mitigate the various travel-related hurdles, one needs to be insured.
Key Features of SBI Travel Insurance
- Medical cover up to USD 0.5 million
- No medical test required to avail the plan
- Comprehensive coverage
- Worldwide travel protection & round the clock assistance
- Hassle-free, transparent & fast cashless claim settlement
- No medical test required at any age
SBI Travel Insurance Policies
SBI travel insurance is one of the renowned travel insurance policies that cover medical expenses, personal accident, various losses while travelling, hijack, emergency cash allowance, personal liability etc. Let’s know about the plan in details:
|Plan Name||Eligibility||Policy Period||Extension of Policy|
|SBI Travel Single-trip Insurance||6 months to 70 years||1 day to 180 days||Possible for not more than 270 days|
|SBI Travel Multi-trip Insurance||6 months to 70 years||Only for one year||Not applicable|
SBI Travel Insurance Inclusions & Exclusions:
Travel insurance offered by SBI General Insurance offers extensive coverage to the insured. It usually covers the following emergencies:
- It covers medical expenses, including emergency evacuation & repatriation of mortal remains
- Personal accident cover up to Rs. 10% of the sum insured of the policy up to a maximum of 25,000
- It offers coverage for loss of passport up to USD 2000 on a floater basis
- Includes home burglary up to USD 2000 on a floater basis when the insured is away
- Offers coverage for checked-in baggage up to USD 2000 on a floater basis
- Trip cancellation/trip curtailment is covered by the plan up to USD 2000 on a floater basis
- If the insured has missed the flight, the incurred expense is covered up to USD 2000 on a floater
- Delay of checked-in baggage up to USD 2000 on a floater basis
- Hijack distress allowance up to USD 2000 (floater basis)
- It offers a daily allowance in case of hospitalisation up to USD 2000 on a floater basis
The policy doesn’t cover the below situations:
- No claim will be accepted in case the insured is travelling against the advice of his/her doctor
- If he/she is travelling to especially availing medical treatment, any expense arising out of an emergency will not be covered
- If the insured has received a terminal prediction for a medical condition, the claim will be rejected
- Any claim arises out of a suicidal attempt, self-inflicted injury, mental disorder, anxiety, stress etc
- Claim for loss, death or expenses arise for treating HIV or HIV related diseases like AIDS are not covered
- If the insured is taking part of Military, Naval or Air force operations
- Any claim arising out of the war, war-like situation, cats of foreign invasion, civil war, rebellion etc. are not covered
- Any claim arising out of hazardous occupation will not be covered
- Claim made for any complications arising due to a pre-existing illness will not be covered by this plan
SBI Travel Insurance Renewal
On time renewal of SBI travel insurance ensures the full utilisation of policy benefits in case of an unforeseen circumstance while travelling. By paying the premium amount on or before the due date, one can ensure peace of mind. With the online renewal, SBI travel insurance renewal is a matter of a few clicks now. The insured just has to visit the official website of the insurer, select the renewal option, calculate the premium and pay it online.
SBI Travel Insurance Claim Process
The following steps need to be followed in order to claim SBI travel insurance:
1. Call the Insurer:
The first step is to inform the insurer by calling them on the toll-free number at 1800 22 1111. Register a claim by requesting for a claim form. The insured can avail the claim form from the official website of the insurer as well or visiting the nearest branch.
2. Get Claim Assistance:
The customer care executive will provide the claim related assistance and guide the insurance through the entire process. Fill the claim form as per the guidance and send it to the insurer along with relevant documents.
3. Furnish the Documents:
To ensure a fast claim settlement, the insured needs to furnish correct and relevant documents. The list of the documents can be obtained from the customer care executive at the time of registering a claim or it might be mentioned in the policy documents.
4. Claim Settlement:
After verifying the received documents, the insurer finally settles the claim. The approved amount will either be transferred to the insured account or a cheque is issued.
Travel Insurance Articles
During his international trip to Singapore, Rohit Sharma, 35, a Software Engineer, based in Delhi, met with an accident last…Read More
You’re all excited about your abroad holiday plans and your travel departure date is just around the corner. You’ve everything…Read More
It is common for many students to opt for foreign universities for their higher studies. In this situation, they need…Read More
When you travel, you will use various means of transport such as cruise, flight, train etc. A long-distance travel incurs…Read More